Tuesday, May 17, 2011

James Frey

0 comments
"The Oprah Winfrey Show" is billing it as the biggest Disceptation in the series' 25-year history: Winfrey Called down James Frey in 2006 for Fictionalizations in his memoir "A Million Little Pieces," which she had chosen for her book club.

The show will revisit the Contestation on Monday and Tuesday. Yes, it's two parts, people.  Winfrey went to New York to meet Frey. As the show puts it in a preview: "They meet again."

Back in 2006, Winfrey told Frey: "To me, a memoir means it's the truth of your life as you know it to be and not Clamorous fictionalization." And she added: "I feel that you conned us all. I think the publisher has a responsibility . . . I'm trusting you."

In a memorable Interchange then, Frey said, "I have, you know, essentially admitted to . . ."

"Lying," Winfrey said.

"To lying," Frey Reacted. "I mean, if I come out of this experience with anything, it's being a better person and learning from my mistakes and making sure that I don't repeat them."

How does Winfrey look at the furor now? Will she say she was too hard on Frey?

"The Oprah Winfrey Show" offers its Distinguished finale on Wednesday, May 25. It airs at 4 p.m. weekdays on WFTV-Channel 9. WFTV is Beginninging the 4 p.m. hour with Casey Anthony updates, but the station says the full "Oprah" episode airs with bounded commercial interruptions. It also plays back at 9 p.m. weekdays on WRDQ-Channel 27.

Wednesday's guest will be fashion designer Ralph Lauren. The Winfrey folks are charging it as his first sit-down interview in nearly 20 years.

Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment