Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Scott Walker Prank Call

0 comments
Scott Walker Prank Call, During a 20 minute press conference in the governor's office, Scott Walker addressed the prank call he received Tuesday from a man impersonating billionaire oil tycoon David Koch.

Mother Jones says it has confirmed that a phone call from a well-known progressive writer is for real, and that Scott Walker believed that he was talking to one of the Koch brothers.

In reading the transcript, Walker comes off as a deceitful, delusional Koch brothers puppet who thinks that he is having a frank conversation with one of his oligarchical mafia bosses.

During the prank call, Walker discussed the possibility of tricking Senate Democrats into returning to the capitol for talks during a recess, then sneakily passing his budget measure, which they'd skipped town to block because it would gut union workers' collective bargaining rights. "If you heard that I was going to talk to them, that would be the only reason why."

David Koch and his brother Charles are big backers of Walker and his anti-union efforts.

On Wednesday, Walker said he wasn't plotting to trick Democrats. "In terms of other ways to come on in, it's not a trick. We said it point blank: Come on in and talk about it. I'm willing to talk about it but I ultimately believe it needs to lead to a vote. I don't think that's a trick, I think that's something I said time and time again in front of all you here," Walker said. "I'm not going to allow one prank phone call to be a distraction from the fact that we have a job to do."

At another point he [Scott Walker] reveals a key strategy in duping Democratic legislators into unwittingly creating a quorum by coming to the table to negotiate when Walker has no intentions of doing so:

    I would be willing to sit down and talk to him, the assembly Democrat leader, plus the other two Republican leaders—talk, not negotiate and listen to what they have to say if they will in turn—but I’ll only do it if all 14 of them will come back and sit down in the state assembly. They can recess it… the reason for that, we’re verifying it this afternoon, legally, we believe, once they’ve gone into session, they don’t physically have to be there. If they’re actually in session for that day, and they take a recess, the 19 Senate Republicans could then go into action and they’d have quorum because it’s turned out that way. So we’re double checking that. If you heard I was going to talk to them that’s the only reason why. We’d only do it if they came back to the capitol with all 14 of them. My sense is, hell. I’ll talk. If they want to yell at me for an hour, I’m used to that. I can deal with that. But I’m not negotiating.

Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment